• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment or divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justwantaway

What is the name of your state? tx

i married my current husband in new mexico before he was legally divorced in texas does this mean my marriage is invalid? if not where do i file for divorce? in texas or new mexico?

rmet4nzkx

You need to make your situation more clear, according to your other post you are in TX and contemplating parnetal kidnapping and starting over somewhere else. Now you bring up the issue of your husband not being divorced. With children and all your intent, you will need to file for divorce because you would have to meet the requirements for annulment in TX because that is where you live. There is no advantage of annulment v divorce re custody of the children no matter who is playing the games, you are both guilty.

justwantaway

i am not contemplating parental kiddnapping those are my children. i have as much rights to them as he does. i simply want to know what options i have. should i seek divorce or annulment. i want the relationship to end not the parental influence of neither i nor him. yes i did ask about moving but have since changed my mind because i know that would just disturb my childrens lives. anyway can anyone answer the original question did he commit bigamy by marring me and where do i seek divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">