• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment or divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rocklin Mom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My daughter married a marine on July 3, 2008. He drove up from Camp Pendelton for the weekend. The went to the court house in the morning, were married, and she has not seen him since. He told her he was preparing for deployment and did not want her to move to the base because he did not want to be distracted. He said he had to concentrate on his training. She believed him and has only had contact with him by phone. (She fell in love with him the year before and spent a week with him around Valentines Day 2008).

She canceled her medical insurance through her job after the marriage took place and he has not taken care of getting her on his medical benefits yet. He was suposed to send her the paperwork she needs to take to a local military base several times, but nothing has been sent. She told me last week he called her saying he was sorry for the way he has treated her, that he does not love her, but cares for her deeply.

I want her to get this annuled. I think that he married her so he could get more money. He has not given her a dime. (There was not even a wedding ring). What does she need to do to get this marriage annuled? Is there a time limit involved?
Please help!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">