• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment/Divorce in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sm191

What is the name of your state? Virginia

The marriage took place in Maryland, but we live in Virginia.

Here is my situation:

I have been married to my wife for just over 6 months, we are good friends, but it's just not working because there is no love in the marriage and I can't live like that. We have agreed to get a divorce or if possible an annulment. There is no issue with the division of assets and there is no hostility or problems. I was intoxicated during the ceremony and my wife can corroborate, if that helps.

Any advice you can give will be appreciated. Thank you.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Virginia

The marriage took place in Maryland, but we live in Virginia.

Here is my situation:

I have been married to my wife for just over 6 months, we are good friends, but it's just not working because there is no love in the marriage and I can't live like that. We have agreed to get a divorce or if possible an annulment. There is no issue with the division of assets and there is no hostility or problems. I was intoxicated during the ceremony and my wife can corroborate, if that helps.

Any advice you can give will be appreciated. Thank you.
I have no idea whether or not you would meet the legal grounds for an annulment, but divorce is usually quicker, easier and cheaper. Consult a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">