• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment due to Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pawcity

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I married a man from Poland and was married 1 year. During that year I had to have him committed three times for violence and bi-polar disorder. Can I get an annulment based on the fact that he never told me he was ill and then refused medication?

LdiJ

I married a man from Poland and was married 1 year. During that year I had to have him committed three times for violence and bi-polar disorder. Can I get an annulment based on the fact that he never told me he was ill and then refused medication?
I don't know whether or not you would qualify for an annulment, however, in general divorce is quicker, easier and less expensive.

moburkes

You can get a divorce. An annulment is expensive and fraud is hard to prove.

Did you ever ask him if he had a mental illness? Even if you did, he might not have known.

Golfball

If you can remain separated from him for a year (plus a day), you can file for divorce in NC, whether or not he consents to it.

SHORTY LONG

What is his Immigration status?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">