• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment?..how

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

europeandee

What is the name of your state? NC - Germany

we got married in march 05. i left 3 days later back to germany (german national) since then i havent seen him again, and for the last months - i dont even know where he is at..
how do i get an annulment???

Last edited:

LdiJ

europeandee said:
What is the name of your state? NC - Germany

we got married in march 05. i left 3 days later back to germany (german national) since then i havent seen him again, and for the last months - i dont even know where he is at..
how do i get an annulment, and can i get it done with me being in germany???
Since you are a German citizen, living in Germany, I think that you would be filing there and going by German law.

europeandee

LdiJ said:
Since you are a German citizen, living in Germany, I think that you would be filing there and going by German law.

i dont think so because the papers never went to german authoryties..we only married in the us

LdiJ

europeandee said:
i dont think so because the papers never went to german authoryties..we only married in the us
It doesn't matter....a person is entitled to file for/obtain a divorce in the country in which they reside....no matter where they were married.

I don't know of any country that doesn't automatically recognize a marriage from another country, unless that marriage would be illegal in that country (ie second and third wives that are legal spouses in islamic countries but wouldn't be legal spouses in other countries.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">