• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment of marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

getanswerfamily

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

I am on H1B. I have a case of annulment, to get my marriage cancelled. The marriage certificate, registered at a court of law in India and supporting documents are fake. I was never involved in a legal relation with this person. The marriage certificate dates back to May 2007. Now I wish to cancel this marriage without going to fight to prove this as a false case, as this might lead to many complications. I want to file this case from here, though the person is in India and there are no chances for that person to make it here. I would like to know if I can cancel this marriage legally here, without that person's involvement.

there are few things which I would lik to add:

1.We share a uncle and nephew relation(moms first cousin)
2.We never stayed together.
3.I do not have sufficient documents to prove that its a fake.

Pls provide pointers on how to deal with and get the marriage annulled.

Thanks

Farfalla

Yep, with a divorce you do not need to prove that the marriage is not valid. Annulments are much harder to get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">