• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment in NJ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Baby Jai

Ok me and my wife have been married 3 months, how long till we can get an annulment, she joined the military and it all went down hill, she is out partying, commiting adultery and so much more. What can I do about this?

mistoffolees

Ok me and my wife have been married 3 months, how long till we can get an annulment, she joined the military and it all went down hill, she is out partying, commiting adultery and so much more. What can I do about this?
Do people ever even bother to read before posting the same question 1000 times?
New Jersey Divorce Law

You're not likely to get an annulment. Just get a divorce.

Baby Jai

Do people ever even bother to read before posting the same question 1000 times?
New Jersey Divorce Law

You're not likely to get an annulment. Just get a divorce.
ummm no, you know I have looked at that and since my wife oesnt want to have kids now, that is pretty drastic and thats like the 4th reason why people get annuled. I can use that and she said she will have no problem saying that is the issue amongst other things

mistoffolees

ummm no, you know I have looked at that and since my wife oesnt want to have kids now, that is pretty drastic and thats like the 4th reason why people get annuled. I can use that and she said she will have no problem saying that is the issue amongst other things
You're not going to get an annulment because she doesn't want to have kids.

mistoffolees

thats not the point, its grounds for one, and she doesnt want to have kids, ever. This is something I didnt know until about 3 weeks ago
Not, it's not grounds for annulment. Read the URL I gave you.

You can get an annulment if the OP was married to someone else at the time they married you or if they were a first cousin. You can also get an annulment if the parties did not really intend to marry or if they are incapacitated, as in insanity, intoxication, fraud, and duress.

There's nothing in there about one party not wanting to have kids. It's not going to fall under 'fraud', so you're out of luck.

Nativity

I have seen one website that stated that it could be warranted if there was misunderstanding about children not that if one said they wanted then changed their minds. And it certainly didn't state it was in any relation to fraud. And it wasn't found in the statutes either, as stated.

Last edited by a moderator:

nextwife

thats not the point, its grounds for one, and she doesnt want to have kids, ever. This is something I didnt know until about 3 weeks ago
I didn't have kids, yet my DH and I are parents together of a beautiful daughter and are happily married over a dozen years. Not "bearing children" does not PRECLUDE becoming parents.

I DO have to wonder how you didn't know this about her, though. Besides, some women CAN'T have children. Would you have dumped her if she kept miscarrying, for example?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">