• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment Procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DREAMnCOLR

What is the name of your state? CA. (California)

I would like to know just how does someone in jail go about getting an annulment. The parties got married in county jail visting room. It took place less than 30 days ago. The parties have never lived together or even consummated the marriage.
Are their forms online that I can print out and file. Do they have to go in front of a judge or just return the form to the justice of the peace?? Where? How? Please advice on how to get this started.

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DREAMnCOLR said:
What is the name of your state? CA. (California)

I would like to know just how does someone in jail go about getting an annulment. The parties got married in county jail visting room. It took place less than 30 days ago. The parties have never lived together or even consummated the marriage.
Are their forms online that I can print out and file. Do they have to go in front of a judge or just return the form to the justice of the peace?? Where? How? Please advice on how to get this started.

Thank you.

My response:

You have said nothing that would entitled you to an Annulment, at least in California. "Time" is not a factor. From the little bit that you posted, which is really nothing at all other than, perhaps, bad judgment, it appears that you're going to need to file a Petition for Dissolution.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">