• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chowwi2

What is the name of your state? CA
Hi all, thank you for taking your time out to read my post. I recently got married in San Francisco, CA to a student from China who is hold a student visa. She went back to China due to family biz and she cannot come back to the USA until she is approved by the INS, but i just found out that she might be marring me to get a green card, therefore i want to get an annulment instead of a divroce since i know she married me only to get a green card, but the thing is I am the only one here in the US and i heard that in order to ger an annulment both of us has to be here in the court but... she cannot come back! What should i do? Please help!

LdiJ

chowwi2 said:
What is the name of your state? CA
Hi all, thank you for taking your time out to read my post. I recently got married in San Francisco, CA to a student from China who is hold a student visa. She went back to China due to family biz and she cannot come back to the USA until she is approved by the INS, but i just found out that she might be marring me to get a green card, therefore i want to get an annulment instead of a divroce since i know she married me only to get a green card, but the thing is I am the only one here in the US and i heard that in order to ger an annulment both of us has to be here in the court but... she cannot come back! What should i do? Please help!
Do you love her? If so, shouldn't you give her a chance to answer that question directly? However, it is much easier and simplier to get a divorce than an annulment. (and ususally less expensive)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">