• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment vs. divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dianagsars

I got married 2 months ago- and just found out that my husband has a child from a previous relationship- (he didn't tell me, I found out in a very roundabout way, but he did confirm it.) There's all kinds of other junk surrounding the situation- but does the withholding of that info give me grounds to an annulment or divorce? (I'm hoping it won't come to either- but I want to know what all my options are)

mistoffolees

I got married 2 months ago- and just found out that my husband has a child from a previous relationship- (he didn't tell me, I found out in a very roundabout way, but he did confirm it.) There's all kinds of other junk surrounding the situation- but does the withholding of that info give me grounds to an annulment or divorce? (I'm hoping it won't come to either- but I want to know what all my options are)
Start by searching this web site for any of the previous 50,000 threads asking the same question.

CourtClerk

Or she could simply read the responses on the other thread she started yesterday...:rolleyes:

The roundabout way was she checked his credit and saw the info. She's already been told... no grounds for annulment because she didn't do her research on the man she's marrying.

dianagsars

what's it like being perfect?

Court Clerk-

I didn't get a clear answer when I posted the other day, so I reposted hoping for an answer. What I did get the other day was criticism and judgement from you, who is apparently flawless. I trusted a person that I love. That isn't a bad thing- unfortunately, I trusted the wrong person, and now find myself in a difficult situation. I came here out of desperation hoping for some help. Clearly I have been hurt enough without having to deal with insults from you. I'm trying to better my situation for myself and my kid. Why kick me when I'm already down?

mistoffolees

Court Clerk-

I didn't get a clear answer when I posted the other day, so I reposted hoping for an answer. What I did get the other day was criticism and judgement from you, who is apparently flawless. I trusted a person that I love. That isn't a bad thing- unfortunately, I trusted the wrong person, and now find myself in a difficult situation. I came here out of desperation hoping for some help. Clearly I have been hurt enough without having to deal with insults from you. I'm trying to better my situation for myself and my kid. Why kick me when I'm already down?
You got the answer - but chose to ignore it. You don't have grounds for annulment. A divorce is cheaper and easier than an annulment, anyway. Not only were you given that answer, but the same answer applies to the overwhelming majority of people asking the same question - which you would have found by searching.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">