• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another international divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gwendolyne

Here is my situation: I left my husband almost two years ago. He's a UK citizen, and I'm an American citizen( born and raised ). We married in the US, but I returned with him to the UK a couple months later. Unfortunatly, I found out what kind of a person he really was and returned back to the US by myself 4 months later. Since then, we have been going back and forth with each other on this divorce issue. We both agree to it, and he's agreed to pay for it. The attorney I was working with (a friend of my mother) has done NOTHING! to help. She won't even return my phone calls. Because of this, my soon-to-be ex decided that he doesn't have to do anything either. I would pay for the entire divroce myself, but I can't afford it, as I am going to college now, and only working a part-time, minimum wage job. On top of that he left me in a financial mess, and it's only growing worse because he won't file. I need to get this divorce final to get on with my life, as I have found someone who I want in my life, but can't be. Is there a way to find out if an attorney will take monthly payments, or what I can do to rush the process more? Please help!

L

lonelybutstrong

I'm guessing that no one has replied yet, but only viewed your question because... they, like I, have similar concerns and want to see how someone responded to you.

I wish you all the very best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">