• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another one sided separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monkey318

NYC, NY.
My husband & I have the strangest separation I know. He is at my home almost every day. He pays all the bills since I don't work. He has not done a change of address even though he has not lived here for 9 months. Some times it seems like he wants to spend time with me also and other times he clearly does not. We have seen a marriage counselor together and apart for about 7 months. We are not legally separated because I want to get back together so I am not willing to file. He does not want to get back together, but neither one of us have money for divorce attorneys ($5g's & up). My family enjoys intimidating me telling me that he will stop paying the bills one day when he gets a girlfriend and the girlfriend tells him not too. They tell me how stupid I am that I have not divorced him and moved on. We have a one year old child. He does not want full or partial custody. He is happy with visitation since I let him see the child anytime he wants to see the child. But, people do have a point since a year is a year.

I just don't know if they are right and I should divorce him at any cost or I am right sticking it out in case we get back together.

Please help this monkey!:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons Why You Won't Divorce Him - -

NUMBER 10: He always apologizes after saying something like "I wished I'd married the remains of the Elephant Man instead of you!"

NUMBER 9: Because he still makes sure every hundredth woman he sleeps with is you.

NUMBER 8: You don't know it, but he still complains to marriage counselor you're not "jolly," "green," or "giant".

NUMBER 7: If marriage doesn't work out, you can always count on him for a fistful of alimony. So, what's the rush?

NUMBER 6: No matter how many times you explain it, he can't understand the "Clapper".

NUMBER 5: You still get turned on when he refers to you as "That prissy little b i t c h."

NUMBER 4: You family is always asking, "He's really the best you could do?"

NUMBER 3: His three goldfish are named "Husband," "Hates" and "You".

NUMBER 2: Your family has bumper stickers reading: "I'd rather be at your husband's funeral".

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why You Won't Divorce Him - -

You're still trying to figure out how to make a "If-I-Can't-Have-You-No-One-Can" poison meatloaf.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">