• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Answer Waiver form from another state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannabdone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My spouse and I are in the midst of an uncontested divorce. I filed it in Texas where we lived together. He moved to Florida. The court is waiting to receive a notarized answer waiver from him waiving his need to return to Texas and attend court so that I can proceed to finalize it without him. However, because the notary is specific to Florida we aren't sure what form he needs to use to have the case and court information for Texas but have it notarized in Florida and be accepted. Please help me finish this. It should have taken 2 months and it's been much longer. Is there a specific form we can use that is good for both states?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A notary only verifies the identify of the signer - s/he has nothing to do with the validity or applicability of the document in question. You should use the appropriate forms for the court you are filing in.

wannabdone

A notary only verifies the identify of the signer - s/he has nothing to do with the validity or applicability of the document in question. You should use the appropriate forms for the court you are filing in.

That's what I thought but he is stubborn and needed someone else to verify. Thank you so much! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">