• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any advice, please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pearl Case

What is the name of your state? Delaware

I am a (pro se) petitioner for a divorce action in New Castle, Delaware. The Responder stills lives in the marital residence in PA and never replied to the certified mail notice(s). The responder contacted me explaining a willingness to proceed amicably.

During this time the responder negotiated the Property Division with me and after reaching a verbal agreement I sent a draft settlement with the intention of submitting this during the divorce hearing.

One week prior to the scheduled court date the (SSI disabled) responder went to court with a letter from a doctor and asked for an adjournment to now contest the divorce complaint.

Is there any chance that such a postponement and contest would be granted? Is there anything that I can do to block the responder’s request? Can / how do I request immediate relief based on the responder’s bad-faith dealing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">