• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any effect of not signing papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I know someone who got a divorce but never signed the papers. I might could see that if he hadn't participated/showed up for court, and he got one by default but that wasn't the case. It wasn't as if he refused to sign either. This is confusing to say the least. He also stated that the judge signed his name to an income tax refund check so that it could be cashed by his ex. Isn't that forgery? I said why didn't he just order you to sign it and he was lost about it as much as I became. Any ideas?

BelizeBreeze

joybelle5445 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I know someone who got a divorce but never signed the papers. I might could see that if he hadn't participated/showed up for court, and he got one by default but that wasn't the case. It wasn't as if he refused to sign either. This is confusing to say the least. He also stated that the judge signed his name to an income tax refund check so that it could be cashed by his ex. Isn't that forgery? I said why didn't he just order you to sign it and he was lost about it as much as I became. Any ideas?
Yes, nothing you have said so far points to any illegal or questionable actions.

If he didn't sign the papers he defaulted his rights. Plain and simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">