• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any idea?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ICUB4ER

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My STBX and I have/had a truck that we are financing that we are/were paying $10K for. Both of our names are on the financing and the title, but he was given the truck in the temp order. Divorce was filed on Oct. 5th. He showed up today in a new $25K truck. IF he has traded the other truck for a new truck, will the new truck be included in the marital assets when we get to that point of the divorce? Or will it not be included since he got it after the divorce was filed? He is also renting to buy a home...will/can it be included or no? I find it amazing that he can afford to get himself a new truck, all brand new furnishings for his home that he is buying, has been buying brand new power tools and other supplies left and right to do repairs on his home, but has yet to pay a penny of child support or alimony because "he can't afford it".

BelizeBreeze

Unless there is a court order for child support then he is not obligated to pay it.

As for alimony, you have not stated any ground for such an award, nor have you even stated that such was the subject of any divorce proceedings.

This isn't an entitlement program, it's divorce.

brisgirl825

BelizeBreeze said:
Unless there is a court order for child support then he is not obligated to pay it.

As for alimony, you have not stated any ground for such an award, nor have you even stated that such was the subject of any divorce proceedings.

This isn't an entitlement program, it's divorce.
There are COs for both alimony and cs.

What does your CO say about new purchases and selling of assets?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">