• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal on a Divorce??? Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paula31

Appeal on a divorce??? Please Help!

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was married in 1987 and separated a few years later. I had a child from this marriage in 1988 and it was arranged for my grandmother to have full custody and I pay child support. I just recently filed for a divorce too finally put an end to my irresponsibility and move on with my life.

In 1998 my ex was incarcerated for sexual assault of a child. When I filed for divorce first he denied paternity then he filed a continence then he filed a pauper's oath. The divorce was granted on May 24, 2002. I have not seen this man for 13 years. I just wanted a divorce nothing more. No child support no property nothing just a divorce. So now he has filed an appeal stating that the judge was bias and made one sided decisions and did not give him proper notice in a timely fashion. (which is not true). I had to relive my attorney due to conflict of interest. Now I am not sure what steps to take to protect myself and my family. He has been sending harassing letters to my daughter who is a witness in the case he is in prison for. I am also a witness in that case. It is obvious that he just wants revenge and wants to prolong this divorce in order to keep me from getting remarried.

What steps do I need to take here? Is there anything I can file to speed up this process? I am even willing to offer him money to stop harassing me though the legal system. I know I am probably grasping at straws here but any info or direction in this case will be helpful. Or even a recommendation for an attorney in Dallas, Texas that could take a case like this. Thank you for your time and effort.

Paula

Last edited:

stephenk

first you say you "found out" he was in prison for sex assault and then later you say you and your daughter were witnesses regarding the assault. which is it?

send copies of his letters to the prosecutor who put him in jail to see if they can prevent him from intimidating you and your daughter. you can also get a restraining order to prevent any further contac.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">