• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal -want to make sure i have this right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcofer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ks
My ex filed an appeal to the property settlement. He is still holding items that I was awarded in the settlement. I had my attorney file a motion requiring that my ex retrieve an appeal bond for the cost of replacement of the items he is still holding. (we go to court in two weeks on this).
If the judge requires that he aquire a bond for the replacement cost of the items and he is unable to do so, can I have my attorney file a motion with the appellet court to have the case dismissed or can my ex's attorney file a hardship motion so he doesn't have to have the bond?
If the appellet court dismisses the case, can he refile or is that the end and it's over?
I just want to be sure that I understand the law and procedures on this.
Thank you!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">