• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Application for HELOC after judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr. spock

you are either listed as a borrower which would allow you access to information regarding the loan or you are not a borrower and you would not have any rights to the specifics of the loan.

a mortgage is used by many people to mean many things. In it's strictest sense it refers to a lien on a property due to a loan. If that is the use of the term in your situation, it means you signed a mortgage allowing for the lender to register their security interest in the property based on the underlying loan.

many people refer to a mortgage as the loan itself. While that is accepted in some circles, I don't think that is how the lender is using the term.
Yes. I think that's right. That means that there is a lien on the property, a loan that my ex took out where she is the sole borrower, and I as the co-owner only have the right to know what the total loan can be, not what the balance is.

OHRoadwarrior

It appears you signed paperwork allowing her to take a HELOC on the remaining value of the home. All you need to do to confirm this is go to the recorders office and see the HELOC recording amount. If, with the mortgage and HELOC amounts, there is sufficient equity to get another HELOC and she signs agreeing, and you can find a lender foolish enough to take position 3, you can get another HELOC.

mr. spock

It appears you signed paperwork allowing her to take a HELOC on the remaining value of the home. All you need to do to confirm this is go to the recorders office and see the HELOC recording amount. If, with the mortgage and HELOC amounts, there is sufficient equity to get another HELOC and she signs agreeing, and you can find a lender foolish enough to take position 3, you can get another HELOC.
Thank you. I will not be getting another HELOC as I think it's not worth it at this point. I will go to the recorders office.
I took a second job to help pay my legal bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">