• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest, injunction, acquittal, divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

divcouple

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl

my hubby had me arrested on false charges of simple battery and placed an injunction order against me from her and my son with no contact/visitation. i am acquitted at trial but he filed for a divorce claiming custody of my son. will any of this work in my favor in divorce proceedings? he made me homeless, jobless, bankrupt and helpless/no-support :( what do i need to do to get custody of my son and justice? what should i claim/demand in my counter filing?

thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

my hubby had me arrested on false charges of simple battery and placed an injunction order against me from her and my son with no contact/visitation. i am acquitted at trial but he filed for a divorce claiming custody of my son. will any of this work in my favor in divorce proceedings? he made me homeless, jobless, bankrupt and helpless/no-support :( what do i need to do to get custody of my son and justice? what should i claim/demand in my counter filing?

thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
In general, if you were acquitted, it should have no bearing on custody. HOWEVER, the rules of evidence are different, so there may be evidence that could be used in a custody case which was not allowed in a criminal case, so you should consult your attorney.

To get custody of your son, you need to prove that the father is unfit and/or that it would be in the child's best interest to be with you.

As for the rest, your stbx didn't make you homeless, jobless, and helpless. Your own choices were involved. The sooner you learn to take responsibility for your own life, the more likely you're going to be able to take care of a child.

divcouple

arrest, injunction, acquittal, divorce, custody

"your stbx didn't make you homeless, jobless, and helpless. Your own choices were involved."

if my hubby placed an injunction order and claimed exclusive access to our house (throw me out) and exclusive custody of my son with no contact/visitation, how is it that it was my choice to be HOMELESS, jobless (lost job during my stay in custody), BANKRUPT and helpless/no-support? i am staying at a homeless shelter with over 100 people and 2 bathrooms and living on welfare off food stamps. all i got is my clothes, credit card maxed out by him, my car abused by him (with no insurance, no gas and hence no use). i have no way of taking up a good job for a long time because of my situation. i make over 120k a year but right now i am looking to do any job - even work at a grocery store for 7 dollars/hour if i have to. i have no way of hiring a lawyer to represent me in my divorce case for a fair and impartial hearing. he wants me to be helpless and lose the custody battle miserably.

thanks!

divcouple

given a chance, i can get a job in 2 weeks time that pays over 120k. ending up in a shelter was NOT my choice - why would anyone like/want to end up in a shelter? it was my hubbys (wicked) plan to make me end up in a miserable situation. put me in custody for more than 3 months dragging the case with more lies to the state attorney to cover up his previous lies, could not even prove even one thing in the court whereas my public defender was able to prove all of what he said/did (and then some) were lies and motivated actions to get custody of my child.

i should hire an attorney - with all due respect and not to offend you, is that all you have to advise me to do?

thanks!

divcouple

So, where is all the money that you have earned?
he is hiding it in another/private account i have no access to it. i can see the transfers on the bank account. nothing is possible from the detention center. he was able to do all the damage to me and my case taking advantage of my situation that i had no access to the outside world. even placing a call to the public defender and getting the defender on the line is a miracle.

Nativity

. i have no way of taking up a good job for a long time because of my situation. i make over 120k a year but right now i am looking to do any job - even work at a grocery store for 7 dollars/hour if i have to.

thanks!
given a chance, i can get a job in 2 weeks time that pays over 120k. ending up in a shelter was NOT my choice - why would anyone like/want to end up in a shelter?
Which is it? It's either going to take you a long time to get a job and would be fine with a $7/hr job. But now it's you can get a job making $120k in two weeks?

mommyof4

he is hiding it in another/private account i have no access to it. i can see the transfers on the bank account. nothing is possible from the detention center. he was able to do all the damage to me and my case taking advantage of my situation that i had no access to the outside world. even placing a call to the public defender and getting the defender on the line is a miracle.
And are you still in the detention center or a homeless shelter.

BS flag has now been thrown.

Nativity

my hubby had me arrested on false charges of simple battery and placed an injunction order against me from her and my son with no contact/visitation.

The part that has me curious is the bolded, sure it could be a typo but it's a rather weird one.

divcouple

Which is it? It's either going to take you a long time to get a job and would be fine with a $7/hr job. But now it's you can get a job making $120k in two weeks?
hey you nice people,

it is difficult to make success out of nothing - it could take quite some time even if we could achieve it. if you are stuck in a shelter with no nothing, would you be able to take up a contract that takes 30-45 days to get paid and be able to go to work daily? you need expenses to cover for 2 months. and when you are making over 100k, you definitely need to stay at a more decent place than a shelter home - you cannot work distressed - you will fail. go fulltime? i still need money to meet expenses until i get paid. i need to take up any job to save up some money to cover expenses when i go on a contract. how would you travel from fl to oh or va for an interview with no money? remember, computer jobs are cross-state and the place i am at at has absolutely no jobs locally. these high-paid jobs are not advertized in the newspapers - they are posted online on jobsites such as monster.com, dice.com, careeerbuilder.com, etc. i hope this clears your confusion. i said "given a chance..." - where do i have a chance with no nothing?

yes, for that intelligent guy who guessed me from my id (all id's are taken and so some id for uniqueness to sign up), i am the husband who is in shelter and my wife is the one who turned vicious to take custody of my son and had me arrested, etc. i posted earlier as wife to disguise because my wife frequents freeadvice.com everyday. certainly, i did not post as wife to see home much sympathy she gets - i am not that pathetic. is that an issue?

if you can offer some free advice, please do so. please, do not insult/humiliate/make-fun of others who come here looking for help in troubled times.

thanks, anyway.

divcouple

it looks like you have run out of all advice. if this little thing is what you call advice, then it leaves room that most of you may not even be attorneys. the only advice i had any use of was from mistoffolees. thank-you!

have a nice day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">