• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asking for copies of Evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine1967

What is the name of your state? TN

Well here we go. My ex is suing me for money that I don't even owe him yet, and he has an attorney who is decent fellow..but of course at this moment that attorney is my opponate.

Anyway, I am representing myself and I need to know how to request for copies of all evidence that have against me in this case.

Can I just send a letter to the opposing attorney and nicely but professionally request for this information, or do I need to go through the courts and request it?

Sunshine

LdiJ

sunshine1967 said:
Thank you so much. You wouldn't have any idea where I could find an example of one of these "Motions For Discovery" would you?
Try your state government website. Many of them provide forms...not all, but many.

S

seniorjudge

You wouldn't have any idea where I could find an example of one of these "Motions For Discovery" would you?

Send this to the court and a copy to the other attorney:

Motion for Discovery

My name is [your name] and I am a party to the case [list your case info here].

I am requesting all discoverable evidence under the applicable civil rules.

Signed,

[your signature]

[your name and address]

I certify that I sent a copy of this motion to [name and address of other attorney] on [date].

[your signature]

[your name and address]

sunshine1967

seniorjudge said:
You wouldn't have any idea where I could find an example of one of these "Motions For Discovery" would you?

Send this to the court and a copy to the other attorney:

Motion for Discovery

My name is [your name] and I am a party to the case [list your case info here].

I am requesting all discoverable evidence under the applicable civil rules.

Signed,

[your signature]

Oh my gosh Thank you! I would be in tears if it weren't for this and other websites like this one.

S

seniorjudge

Oh my gosh Thank you! I would be in tears if it weren't for this and other websites like this one.

Please don't cry. It's bad on the keyboard and some of the forum members (you know who you are) are very emotional.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">