• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assuming Mortgage after Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sloney

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My wife and I will be filing for divorce soon. We live in separate houses. Can each of us assume the mortgage of the hourse we are living in without having to refinance them?

T

toasted

""What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My wife and I will be filing for divorce soon. We live in separate houses. Can each of us assume the mortgage of the hourse we are living in without having to refinance them?""

In order to assume the mortgages in names other than what they are in now you will need to refinance unless you can convince the lender to remove the others' name if they are willing to do that with documentation from the party thats name is to be removed. Usually though they won't do that since the loan was based on the information from the original application and this changes said information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">