• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney advises trial over mediation-Why?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4Natalie5

Arizona

Why would an attorney advise his client to go to trial instead of mediation and/or arbitration?
This attorney knows that his client has failed to provide information (ordered by subpeona) and that terms agreed upon by both sides have not been met. He also knows that this information will be made very clear to the judge in the courtroom.

Why would he want to put himself and his client in this position?

Thank you,

4Natalie5 said:
Arizona

Why would an attorney advise his client to go to trial instead of mediation and/or arbitration?
This attorney knows that his client has failed to provide information (ordered by subpeona) and that terms agreed upon by both sides have not been met. He also knows that this information will be made very clear to the judge in the courtroom.

Why would he want to put himself and his client in this position?

Thank you,
Beats me. My wife's attorney put in divorce papers that saying to waive meditation. Now my wife and I MIGHT have to go to the trial soon because of disagreements on a few issues we are having. However, I am interested in hearing other replies.

4Natalie5

Arizona

Thanks for your reply. I hope to get some expert opinions myself. My attorney says he does not know of any reason -except perhaps additional $$$ to the attorney wanting to go to trial, but says that he believes any ethical attorney wants what is best for their clients, and mediation /arbitration is the way to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">