• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Audio Recordings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justlearning71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Vermont and need to know if audio recordings are admissable in court. Thanks in advance**************.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Vermont and need to know if audio recordings are admissable in court. Thanks in advance**************.
Be a bit more specific about the audio recordings. How were they done? Permission from both individuals granted? Where was the recorder? Could both people see it? Was the conversation recorded in a public place or not? More details are necessary.

justlearning71

Audio would be recorded in my home. I believe my spouse is still communicating with the person they cheated on me with. I was going to hide the device and hopefully use the audio as more evidence if necesary. I have already caught him/her cheating. I was going to use a pen recorder.

cyjeff

Then, no.

Unless you notify the other party that he/she is being recorded.

As you have been told, eavesdropping laws carry harsh penalties... up to 2 years in jail and a $2K fine per incident.

Did you think the answers would change on another board?

justlearning71

I have never been in a chat room and did not realize that my question was posted somewhere else too. I did not mean to post my questionin another place, much less get someone mad at me for it. I just want to do things the right way, that's why I'm here. Like I said earlier, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">