• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aunt is divorcing, falsley accused of.. Help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ClassicRemedy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Long story here.

My Aunt is divorcing her husband of seven years. They have one seven year old son, and are both in the Military.
Theyve had problems for a while now, but things have become worse.
A few months ago, he said he wanted to seperate before she left for Iraq. They decided to wait until she came back home.

Well, while away in Iraq, and her with her husbands want for divorce on her mind, her Captain admitted to her that he has been in love with her for a while. He said everything to her that no one else has ever said, that sh was beautiful, and all of that.

Though she never told him she had feelings for him, they still remained close, he was the only one there she could talk to and trusted.

A couple months ago, she came back home. She alked with her husband and he said that they'd try to work it out, and she was so happy.
And then they tried to have another child, but she miscarried and lost the baby.

She was so torn by this, and to make things worse, her Captain had come down here and surprised her at her base, where he would soon be meeting her husband.

They talked for ablittle while, and when my aunts husband walked in on them talking, her Captain introduces himself by saying this: "Hello. You must be the husband huh?" and my aunts husband nodded. "Well, I'm the guy who is madly in love with your wife."

You guys, not even an hour later had my aunts husband called his own captain up and told on them, but she is falsely accused of adultery. She never had an affair with her captain, but she did have a close friendship with him.

She might have lost her career, and everythig she has worked for just because of both these men.

And here's another part. After this happend, my aunts husband came to pick up their son and had shopped through my aunts emails, and a couple had Ben from her Captain.
There was a line in there which he had said "No other woman takes my breath away like you do." but what he was referring to was a joke when they had gone jogging at one time. My aunts husband quickly took that email, and used it against her an accused her of having an affair.

Just a Few weeks ago, my aunt found out that actually HE was te one cheating an she found out by her own son!

Theyre now divorced, but I'm wondering if there's ANYTHING we can do?

My aunts (ex)husband has snooped through her things when she wasn't around, cheated, destroyed her career, and also accused her of doing things she's never done before.

Help?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Long story here.

My Aunt is divorcing her husband of seven years. They have one seven year old son, and are both in the Military.
Theyve had problems for a while now, but things have become worse.
A few months ago, he said he wanted to seperate before she left for Iraq. They decided to wait until she came back home.

Well, while away in Iraq, and her with her husbands want for divorce on her mind, her Captain admitted to her that he has been in love with her for a while. He said everything to her that no one else has ever said, that sh was beautiful, and all of that.

Though she never told him she had feelings for him, they still remained close, he was the only one there she could talk to and trusted.

A couple months ago, she came back home. She alked with her husband and he said that they'd try to work it out, and she was so happy.
And then they tried to have another child, but she miscarried and lost the baby.

She was so torn by this, and to make things worse, her Captain had come down here and surprised her at her base, where he would soon be meeting her husband.

They talked for ablittle while, and when my aunts husband walked in on them talking, her Captain introduces himself by saying this: "Hello. You must be the husband huh?" and my aunts husband nodded. "Well, I'm the guy who is madly in love with your wife."

You guys, not even an hour later had my aunts husband called his own captain up and told on them, but she is falsely accused of adultery. She never had an affair with her captain, but she did have a close friendship with him.

She might have lost her career, and everythig she has worked for just because of both these men.

And here's another part. After this happend, my aunts husband came to pick up their son and had shopped through my aunts emails, and a couple had Ben from her Captain.
There was a line in there which he had said "No other woman takes my breath away like you do." but what he was referring to was a joke when they had gone jogging at one time. My aunts husband quickly took that email, and used it against her an accused her of having an affair.

Just a Few weeks ago, my aunt found out that actually HE was te one cheating an she found out by her own son!

My aunts (ex)husband has snooped through her things when she wasn't around, cheated, destroyed her career, and also accused her of doing things she's never done before.

Help?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
About what exactly?

How are you involved?

mistoffolees

There's nothing YOU can do (other than help your aunt get an attorney if necessary). You're not part of the matter.

What is your aunt's concern? Reading between the lines, I assume you're worried about her career?

If that's the case, she needs to get with her JAG ASAP to work through the matter. While the military is very strongly against adultery, there still needs to be evidence. An email saying "you take my breath away" isn't going to be proof, nor is the statement that "I'm in love with your wife".

Of course, the really scary thing is that someone as clueless as that would make it to the rank of Captain.

mistoffolees

i think that, out of the specific topic, there is here material to realize a social study brings over of the diverse consequences of the war of Iraq
That's true of any war.

The only thing significantly different about the war in Iraq is the number of women involved. In past wars, it was usually the men sent overseas while the women stayed home (other than nurses, usually without children).

In this war, it's much more common for a woman to be deployed overseas. But, again, that's only a microcosm of the entire change in our culture since women have become more widely accepted in positions involving travel.

ClassicRemedy

About what exactly?

How are you involved?
She has asked me to see if there is anything she can do to save her career and possibly do something about her ex husband. She's done nothing wrong, and it was her Captain that had said he was in love with her. Can't she do anything?

ClassicRemedy

About what exactly?

How are you involved?
There's nothing YOU can do (other than help your aunt get an attorney if necessary). You're not part of the matter.

What is your aunt's concern? Reading between the lines, I assume you're worried about her career?

If that's the case, she needs to get with her JAG ASAP to work through the matter. While the military is very strongly against adultery, there still needs to be evidence. An email saying "you take my breath away" isn't going to be proof, nor is the statement that "I'm in love with your wife".

Of course, the really scary thing is that someone as clueless as that would make it to the rank of Captain.

Yes, the main concern is her career.

But you see, they've already used those emails as proof of adultrey, and they have her pinned for it. Can she do anything?

mistoffolees

Yes, the main concern is her career.

But you see, they've already used those emails as proof of adultrey, and they have her pinned for it. Can she do anything?
See her JAG. If that doesn't work, she'll need an attorney of her own.

Where have they used the emails as 'proof' of adultery? From what you've stated, it sounds like she's only been charged, but not convicted (or whatever the appropriate military terms are). That means she still gets to present her side and nothing is proven yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">