• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Awkward Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confessedlayman

:confused: What is the name of your state? California

I am in an awkward situation, and I hope someone here can tell me what to do.

I was married in 1994 and only stayed with my husband about 2 months.... then in September of that year he went back to his country Jordan for some family reason. He never came back.
As I had been married before and had made stupid mistakes, I choose not to divorce this man in absentia because it was easier to stay married to someone who wasn't around, then to make another mistake and marry another jerk.

It has now been 10 years since he was MIA and now i am interested in getting married, but do not know how to go about disolving a marriage when no one has any idea where to find the other party, or if he is even still alive.

Please help! I am very low income, and have a desire to put this idiocy behind me so that I can move on with my life.
Any advice would be helpful and grately appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">