• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ Quit Claim Deeds and APV exemption codes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psparrow

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Question about AZ Quit Claim Deeds and the exemption codes that exempt a filing from requiring the Affidavit of Real Property Value? The specific situation I'm looking to find a code for is when two people own a property as joint tenants with rights of survivorship and one of those tenants is turning over full ownership of the property to the other for a nominal fee like $10 or zero dollars.

Last edited:

justalayman

https://www.azdor.gov/Portals/0/Property/82162code.pdf

the codes are there. They are fairly self explanatory.

psparrow

https://www.azdor.gov/Portals/0/Property/82162code.pdf

the codes are there. They are fairly self explanatory.
Sorry, I did look at the list, several times, but was unable to be certain about which code applies to my situation. I think I can just use A7 (gift) even though we aren't giving each other a gift. Maybe what we are doing is "legally" gifting, just sounds funny in this case. IDK.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sorry, I did look at the list, several times, but was unable to be certain about which code applies to my situation. I think I can just use A7 (gift) even though we aren't giving each other a gift. Maybe what we are doing is "legally" gifting, just sounds funny in this case. IDK.
What else do you call it when you give someone something for free? Charity, I guess.

psparrow

Why $10? Anyhow if there's not other consideration being given in the transfer, it's a gift.
Yes, I agree. I guess I was thrown at first by the connotation of the word "gift". Makes sense when you think in the more literal or legal meaning of the word. Now I just need to convince the ex that the verbiage is ok for our quit claim deeds. Thanks guys.

FlyingRon

Hopefully, there is no mortgage on this property. Your quit claim deeds will do nothing to disclaim your liability for the mortgage if you are listed on it. You'd be a fool to give away ownership in property your obliged to pay for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">