• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostlibido

First, I'm a registered P.I. and currently you just can't get a background check on someone without going through alot of questions on why you want it, the person doing the check is now responsible for your actions after you would obtain the results, all states are different, and I'm sure England is as well. If someone in England would do it you most likely won't get one for free, The typical chare is $30 and up dependent upon how extensive the search is. Good luck.

Elizabeth H

Free

So I assume as long as he is over there he is pretty much able to do what ever he wants. I just can't believe he is getting away with this. He tells me he wants a divorce but he wants an American divorce. Is this even remotely possible?

LdiJ

Elizabeth H said:
So I assume as long as he is over there he is pretty much able to do what ever he wants. I just can't believe he is getting away with this. He tells me he wants a divorce but he wants an American divorce. Is this even remotely possible?
I already answered this on your other thread.

Plus...you are being exceeding foolish if you think that a divorce in the UK would help you at all. It wouldn't...it would simply cost you massive bucks.

Elizabeth H

Virginia. I do not want an English divorce. I am willing to divorce him and at this point I am totally ready to divorce him... I am just terribly spiteful at this point and don't want to pay for one. He is the one telling me that he wants an American divorce. What I really want to know is if he can get an American divorce while he is living in England. Is that possible? If it is possible how would that work? If it isn't then I am sure I will have to divorce him. In reality I do not expect to get anything out of him, as far as I know he is not working and really never has. He lives with his parents and has done for most of his life. I am just afraid that if he gets the divorce that I will be stuck paying him support, this is something I just could not live with.

LdiJ

Elizabeth H said:
Virginia. I do not want an English divorce. I am willing to divorce him and at this point I am totally ready to divorce him... I am just terribly spiteful at this point and don't want to pay for one. He is the one telling me that he wants an American divorce. What I really want to know is if he can get an American divorce while he is living in England. Is that possible? If it is possible how would that work? If it isn't then I am sure I will have to divorce him. In reality I do not expect to get anything out of him, as far as I know he is not working and really never has. He lives with his parents and has done for most of his life. I am just afraid that if he gets the divorce that I will be stuck paying him support, this is something I just could not live with.
You were not married long enough for spousal support to be even remotely an issue.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Elizabeth H said:
Then file for divorce and be done with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">