• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Badly Written Divorce Decree (change)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sailing7

What is the name of your state? oregon
In my divorce decree it states that I am to pay my ex-wife $900.00 spousal support. Both parties agree that this is really child support, but the judge suggested to make it spousal so that I could get the tax benefit since my ex had no income at the time. Then their was the issue of day care. I was to pay $400 directly to the day care. I ask my attorney on the day of our settlement that if their was no day care expense. I would not have to pay it. He said that I would not. When the papers were written up he called the day care amount child support and that it was to be paid to day care. I asked him why he put in the words "child support" he said because their is no legal provision for day care?? We'll my ex thinks that she is due the $400 per month ever since the children stopped going to day care. I never would have agreed to this because the judge took the day care expense of $577.00 per month in consideration when he came up with his figures and I new that my children would only go for about a year or so due to their age.
The battle is now money for that period? How can I go back to court to change it with judge or what should I do?

annefan

File a petition to modify spousal support. The petition should motivate the former wife to file a separate petition for CHILD support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">