• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjarr

What is the name of your state? georgia
My wife and I received a tax chech for 2,000.00 in mid. January which I endorsed for both of us, which she had given me permission for. I signed mine and her name and deposited the check into our joint account. In April we seperated and were divorced in late July. We still have this Joint account but she threatend me that if I remove my name from the account she will report me for signing her name on the check. She has continually wrote checks from this account throughout our seperation several which have bounced and I have paid for and I want to remove my name since we are no longer married. Any thoughts or suggestions on this matter.

Seanscott

Since the check was made out to both of you, and deposited in an acount with both your names on it, she has nothing to complain about. She has not been cheated out of one penny by your actions.

Go to the bank and tell them to take your name off of this account IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise, she can cause you all sorts of financial problems. Let her b!tch. It won't do any good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">