• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being accused of sexual abuse of daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Christarll

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vt
Wife has mental illness.I have been living with it for 2 years. We have 4 kids. Filed for a divorce. Now she is a accusing me of sexually abusing our only daughter. Also accusing my parents of abusing her.And our oldest child. All this is false.
I have not gotten a lawyer yet. Because the lawyer I talked to I didn't have money to retain her. But my wife did and now has retain the lawyer I have spoken to. Should this lawyer remove herself from the case?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes. That attorney should. You need to tell that attorney to remove herself from the case. And if she doesn't file an ethics complaint against her.

mistoffolees

yes. That attorney should. You need to tell that attorney to remove herself from the case. And if she doesn't file an ethics complaint against her.
And find a way to get your own attorney. If you don't defend yourself vigorously against sexual abuse charges, your life will be changed forever. And not for the better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">