• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Stalked My Boyfriends Wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jj8277

New York State

Lets, just get this out of the way... I was the blonde idiot that believed her boyfriend of two years when he said he was still legally married to his wife because he was afraid of losing everything including his children. Stupid, I know.

Firstly, his wife is a paralegal at a NYC based law firm.

For two years I'm guessing she thought we just worked together (He owns the company, I manage his business), not wanting to deal with the "baby mama drama" I was always very polite to her but kept conversation to an absolute minimum. We must have spoken a hand full of times over the course of two years. Her house is in Pennsylvania and he only goes there on the weekends to "see his children" and is in NYC for the rest of the week.

This week after me asking him to have her hand over all the company documents for tax purposes (I'm guessing this is what infuriated her), he called me frantically stating that she knew about us and was out for blood. He stated she looked at his phone bill and saw how much we've spoken and that's what made her look deeper.

Since then she has:

Hacked his phone and asked for the SIM card to have someone in her office pull records (not my concern but is it legal?)

Looked up my medical records and history

Looked up my background and criminal records

Claims that she has people "looking into me"

All using company resources. I'm not sure what she is planning to do with this information, I understand she is angry, but it is a violation of my privacy. My question is, is it legal for her to use company/legal resources to look into me for personal reasons? What can I do to get her to stop?

I'mTheFather

New York State

Lets, just get this out of the way... I was the blonde idiot that believed her boyfriend of two years when he said he was still legally married to his wife because he was afraid of losing everything including his children. Stupid, I know.

For two years I'm guessing she thought we just worked together (He owns the company, I manage his business), not wanting to deal with the "baby mama drama" I was always very polite to her but kept conversation to an absolute minimum. We must have spoken a hand full of times over the course of two years. Her house is in Pennsylvania and he only goes there on the weekends to "see his children" and is in NYC for the rest of the week.

This week after me asking him to have her hand over all the company documents for tax purposes (I'm guessing this is what infuriated her), he called me frantically stating that she knew about us and was out for blood. He stated she looked at his phone bill and saw how much we've spoken and that's what made her look deeper.

Since then she has:

Hacked his phone and asked for the SIM card to have someone in her office pull records (not my concern but is it legal?)
Hacked into his phone??? Really??
Asked for his SIM card? Legal
What do you mean by this?
Legal
Legal
All using company resources.
So? Her employers may have okayed it.
I'm not sure what she is planning to do with this information, I understand she is angry, but it is a violation of my privacy. My question is, is it legal for her to use company/legal resources to look into me for personal reasons?
How do you know she's not a client?
What can I do to get her to stop?
Stop sleeping with her husband.

jj8277

Please explain the medical records issue and what kind of proof you have.

She knew details of my medical history that I have never disclosed to him or anyone for that matter. Including doctor and hospital visits.

Proof of how she has obtained this information? None

I'mTheFather

By the way, she's not stalking you. She's investigating. Pennsylvania still grants divorces for fault, and her husband is in for a fight.

jj8277

By the way, she's not stalking you. She's investigating. Pennsylvania still grants divorces for fault, and her husband is in for a fight.
Funny thing is, she doesn't want a divorce. Apparently this is not the first time and she takes this sort of stuff.

And regarding your previous question, I have no medical insurance with the company.

I'mTheFather

Funny thing is, she doesn't want a divorce. Apparently this is not the first time and she takes this sort of stuff.

And regarding your previous question, I have no medical insurance with the company.
Then perhaps she's known all along and has had you followed for 2 years.

Proserpina

She knew details of my medical history that I have never disclosed to him or anyone for that matter. Including doctor and hospital visits.

Proof of how she has obtained this information? None

Depending on how you answer this, I might have an idea:

How do you think she obtained your medical records? Please be specific. And I'm talking about "how did she know when you went to your PCP..." etc.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
New York State

Since then she has:

All using company resources. I'm not sure what she is planning to do with this information, I understand she is angry, but it is a violation of my privacy. My question is, is it legal for her to use company/legal resources to look into me for personal reasons? What can I do to get her to stop?
if she got the information legally, there is nothing you can do. Maybe you should not have been screwing a married man. You knew he was married. You didn't care. When you entered into a relationship with HER husband, you became HER business. You are lucky you don't live in NC where she could sue you for millions and win.
The Sim card is legal. Your background and criminal records are NOT private. She can have people "look into you". As for your medical records and history, if they were obtained legally, then she did nothing wrong. Maybe you should have stayed out of her marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">