• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by 3rd party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lora c h

What is the name of your state? TX

My husband is being sued, how will this effect me if I get a divorce and leave? I have no desire to give life long assets I brought into a 2 yr marriage to a stranger, and especially since I had nothing to do with the situation. Husband says he won't involve me, but maybe it won't be up to him.
Also can they take his 401k? (or mine?) We don't have enough money in the bank to cover the amount they want, how do they go about actually getting it?

L

Lora c h

Yes I am told TX is a community prop state...

He ended up, ( at the end of a chain of events that he had nothing to do with), owning a business that was not incorporated and had no liability ins at the time (long story, I'm trying to make this simple!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">