• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best strategy if opposing atty. a "bully"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G Cross

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Any advice on what the best strategy (and best kind of attorney) if the opposing attorney is a "bully"? That is, in meetings he belittles me and my income, casts aspersions on my character, paints me as the complete "black hat" in the picture, etc. :confused:

My current attorney is the traditional nice guy. Easy going, laid back, not very protective of my turf... an accomodater, not a confronter.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Any advice on what the best strategy (and best kind of attorney) if the opposing attorney is a "bully"? That is, in meetings he belittles me and my income, casts aspersions on my character, paints me as the complete "black hat" in the picture, etc. :confused:

My current attorney is the traditional nice guy. Easy going, laid back, not very protective of my turf... an accomodater, not a confronter.
You would need, IMHO, an attorney much more like the opposing attorney, rather than the one you have. Fire the accommodator ASAP.

Bali Hai

You would need, IMHO, an attorney much more like the opposing attorney, rather than the one you have. Fire the accommodator ASAP.
I agree 100%.

It sounds like OP is the husband in this matter and kocky SOB attorney for the wife knows the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">