• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bifurcation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jchic29

from oregon
anyone know about the 'bifurcation'? i just heard about it today
I just recently filed for divorce from a abusive man, I have 2 kids with him, I am getting custody of them (they are with me) I actually have a Restrain order on him that I am goign to a hearing about next week.. he is one mean man..anyway back to my question..
Can I get a divorce finalized here in oregon before it over with the 'bifurcation' sp?? ... I want it over, I want that part of my life over asap... anyone have any info for me..
by the way,, I am dong all my legal work 'pro se.. I have little money and am struggling so, Ihave to do it al on my own.. but if he fights for the custody(he wont win it cuz of the abuse) I may have to find a lawyere anyway.. But I just want the divorce part over.. please any advice will be welcome..!!!
J

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

**** Before posting a question, please check the Questions and Answers listed on the Home Page to see if your question was already covered
or easily search over 155,000 previously posted questions and answers. ****

J

jchic29

thank you

thanks for the respponse.. I wonder if I can still do this even though I just filed for my divorce recently? I just cant stand the idea of us being legally married till the custiody stuff is all over.. I have a feeling my ex will try to keep this all going forever to spite me.. Even though the process just got started, I know my ex, he is a vindictive man and is probably on the up and up with all the fathers rights movements sites on the net I have just been reading about...scary..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">