• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamist Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcobsession

DC- I recently filed for divorce 2 weeks ago, but this past week I found out that my thought to be husband had just gotten divorced 2 months ago. My divorce date isnt until March....which is entirely too long. So since this has happened do I wait for the court date since the marriage is void already, or do I swich the case to annulment and hope that the date is pushed up? Also can I file charges against him? He has been calling my job saying that I need to help him with his rent....this was before I just found this info out about him.

I'mTheFather

If you don't want to wait for the divorce date, then file for an annulment. The wait probably won't be any shorter, but you'll have to do one or the other.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
DC- I recently filed for divorce 2 weeks ago, but this past week I found out that my thought to be husband had just gotten divorced 2 months ago. My divorce date isnt until March....which is entirely too long. So since this has happened do I wait for the court date since the marriage is void already, or do I swich the case to annulment and hope that the date is pushed up? Also can I file charges against him? He has been calling my job saying that I need to help him with his rent....this was before I just found this info out about him.
File a criminal complaint against him for bigamy. Divorce is something that might help you. Don't pay his rent. If he can't pay his rent, he can spend some time in jail awaiting trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">