• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leefaith

What is the name of your state? I live in Alabama. I married a man who is a resident of Florida. We married in Illinois. I since found out that the divorce I thought I had from a previous marriage did not happen, which caused me to commit bigamy. I have since followed through with the divorce from the previous marriage. Divorce is now final in Alabama. What must I do about the marrige in Illinois?? we want to be married to each other.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

leefaith said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Alabama. I married a man who is a resident of Florida. We married in Illinois. I since found out that the divorce I thought I had from a previous marriage did not happen, which caused me to commit bigamy. I have since followed through with the divorce from the previous marriage. Divorce is now final in Alabama. What must I do about the marrige in Illinois?? we want to be married to each other.
My response:

Simple - - now, you get married.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">