• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starburst

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My father and Mother were never divorced both remarried and both have passed, they both held property with their bigamist spouses. Do I have a child 's part in their property. The unlawful marriages produced no children.

Last edited:

Whyte Noise

OK, someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

Since the second marriages by both your parents were bigamous, they are void. That means, not legal. Not a marriage to begin with. You'd be entitled to things that were exclusively your parents', but not entitled to anything that their second spouses own.

C

cryingdiamond

yeah i think i agree with missouri gal. because the secondmarriages were viod and your parents never really divorced they were technically still married and you should be entitled toa piece of the pie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">