• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misskitty1953

What is the name of your state?New Mexico
I just found out my husband was never divorced from his last wife. We have been married for 8 years. During that time, we have had to file for bankruptcy, we owe the IRS $23,290.10 and the State of New Mexico $7,085.36. I have had to retire due to disability (Parkinson's disease), and am on disability income ($1,130 per month). I need to know what the criminal ramifications are for me, if any, and for him. I need to know if there is any chance of my getting the bankruptcy off of my record. I need to know if there is any chance of my avoiding being financially responsible for the IRS and State of New Mexico. I need to know if I can get an annulment.

LdiJ

misskitty1953 said:
What is the name of your state?New Mexico
I just found out my husband was never divorced from his last wife. We have been married for 8 years. During that time, we have had to file for bankruptcy, we owe the IRS $23,290.10 and the State of New Mexico $7,085.36. I have had to retire due to disability (Parkinson's disease), and am on disability income ($1,130 per month). I need to know what the criminal ramifications are for me, if any, and for him. I need to know if there is any chance of my getting the bankruptcy off of my record. I need to know if there is any chance of my avoiding being financially responsible for the IRS and State of New Mexico. I need to know if I can get an annulment.
There are no criminal ramifications for you...there could be serious ones for him. You can't get the bankruptcy off your record...however depending on the very EXACT reasons for the tax liability you may be able to get that off your back.

You really NEED an attorney...and probably a tax attorney as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">