• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rjharris2

MY HUSBAND TOOK "A POWDER" 10 YEARS AGO. NO EXPLANATIONS, NO WARNING, JUST WALKED OFF THE JOB AND POOF, HE WAS GONE! I COULDN'T AFFORD A DIVORCE THEN AND REALLY CAN'T AFFORD ONE NOW ,BUT WAIT, THE PLOT THICKENS! SEVERAL MONTHS AGO I HIRED A DETECTIVE (OF SORTS) AND HE FOUND HIM, LIVING IN THE NEXT TOWN WITH HIS "WIFE" OF 7 YEARS. I HAVEN'T TRIED TO CONTACT HIM YET FOR FEAR THAT HE MAY DISAPPEAR FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS. I HAVE PULLED MYSELF UP BY MY BOOTSTRAPS AND HAVE MADE A GOOD LIFE FOR MYSELF, BUT I DON'T FEEL THAT I SHOULD SPEND MONEY I REALLY DON'T HAVE SO THAT HE CAN LIVE " SCOT FREE". SO, WHAT DO I DO NOW? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS SOON IF I COULD. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME. RJHARRIS

M

MaggieK

Ohio is a "no fault" divorce state. You do not even need his signature to divorce him. You could sit around and wait for him to divorce you, at no expense to you, or you could divorce him. If he has remarried, that marriage is illegal. Please email me if you need further help. Do it yourself divorces are legal in Ohio.

G

Grandma B

MaggieK said:
If he has remarried, that marriage is illegal
While his second marriage is indeed illegal, his act of being in that marriage is criminal. Don't forget to notify the authorities in the "next town".;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">