• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bigamy and annualment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

parker2002

I want to get married but my finacee had gotten married 5 years ago and come to find out the marriage was a void due to he was still married to someone else. I called the court house and he has a marriage lisences in there files for the last girl he married ( the one thats not legal ) I want my marriage to be legal to him, does this paper have any legal holding or am I safe to get married or does it need to be annualed? I really need some advise on this one. We both reside in North Carolina.

T

Toniree

He needs to make sure he is no longer married to anyone else before he marries you. Otherwise, your marriage will be void and he could be prosecuted. Have him take care of it so that the two of you can live happily ever after.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">