• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy Fraud in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dianealmond

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

Just read some previous posts however I am a victim of bigamy and fraud in the state of NC.
and need to know some specifics

Preface
I married in 2006 unknowing I was but a target of a predator/career crimnal/very skilled conman/swindler who in a measure of a year ruthlessly and most cunningly destroyed my entire life..my wealth stripped and so much more.. leaving me in finanical ruin..
Separated in May 2007. Nightmare Divorce commenced...up against the good ole boy system in rural county of NC where my predator was born and bred and well connected. In fear of my life and all else of nightmare form..local law. magistrates fluffed me off..even laughed me away as I cried out in fear and had proof of forgeries etc etc. Judge in a temp relief hearing on behalf of my predator..ordered over my separate properties of great value into the hands of my predator ignoring his 16 page criminal history of larceny,forgery, etc etc..my last drops of blood..in a marriage of a year....while I fell more into crisis..and my predator lived well with his mistress
Spent last $4K for attorneys, had not a dime more...I proceeded pro se being treated the criminal rather than the innocent victim .
about 11.2007 in my vast researches I discovered my predator had perjured himself on our marriage app - falsifying info....finding a previous to mine...marriage in NC....not showing the divorce for that marriage...and none could be found in NC by the divorce records in courthouse.
In court hearing I introduced in evidence to the Judge the falsified marriage application in my predator's own hand.. and also evidence of previous marriage asking the Judge to unvalidate my marriage before putting me thru any more Hell. My so-called husband lied saying...he had gotten a divorce.The Judge said NOTHING in response to me..and my submitted documentation....and upon the further lying words of a criminal had me shockingly shackled right in court..sent to jail without bond.....as this criminal said I had hidden property away from him when he came to pu at my home from court order. Absolute lie. HORROR
On my last borrowed dime I got an attorney who has hemmed and hawed, Judge refused to recluse (something I persisted to request)...more stalls and $6000 later..after pressing and pressing my attorney to get this criminal so called husband on the stand (who is now in prison again from revoke of his parole)...he did so finally get him up on the stand a month and a half or so... and this criminal/predator lied over lie over lie....where this Judge and anyone else in that court could see plainly a BIGAMIST among other thngs..who finally declared he had never received any divorce papers or any others from that prior marriage.and knowingly married me.
Sept 4th 2008 with criminal so called husband not responding to move in law suite to have my marriage void to him...is a hearing to have the marriage void.
My attorney said he has talked with the Judge and should go thru as long as I don't act i anyway shape or form...any inclination that I want to nail this predator criminally,. Have always been composed in court and just cing my toes, fingers and praying up a storm that this Judge does not turn on me.

MY QUESTIONS
Is it true that ordinarily I the victim would have to show absolue proof otherwise that NO divorce/annulment exited in any other state, county in the union???

Is it so written in the statutes of NC?? can you supply with the statute that says so?? as in all my research it has been difficult...my own attorney has been non supportive in many ways...

I have been told just today that when I went to the sheriff's detectives so so many times before this..and told of the marriage app and all....and faxed the head DA after trying to be heard by any DA in this county prioir......that they should have investigated this issue...and the Judge should have not did what he did..with me in court????
I have been told that it should have been my predator's burden to show proof of divorce considering my evidence!!

BTW ...IF all goes well....I will have an uphill battle to get this criminal nailed for fraud and bigamy...altho bigamy for one is a class A? felony in NC. ALL law enforcement, DAs, etc etc...have been more enemy than anything else unconcerned that my life has been destroyed beyond..and all else I have suffered

My attorney of course will be FINIS with me Sept 4th and all along said he could not help me one iota with any thought advioce for criminal action.

Sorry for the ramblings...but please understand...that I have in a living Hell..and there is LOTS more of fraud, etc etc etc to this nightmare.

Thanks ahead

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">