• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Billr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Williamrig

Inheritance and Divorce

What is the name of your state?Indiana
Married for 32 Years last 15 very shaky. Wife is has severe mental problems (Was codependednt on alcoholic father many years and now on drug using son who physically abuses her) She keeps us broke throwing $$$ at drug using son (age27) enableing him to continue. We had small ice cream shop for for last 3 years never made any money. She was caught 3 times in last 2 years stealing money to give to son. I had enough installed security camera without her knowledge and now I see whats going on she's stealing money again and being abused by drug using son who takes the $$$. All on tape. 2 months of tape all with thefts. Business in the name of other good son. (age 24) I am ready to force her to get help. I want a divorce now then if she gets help some time in the future will consider getting remarried, but for now need to divorce before i become just like her. The question is this.
My wife and I have nothing except for $3-4000.00 of debt.
My father died Jan 05 and left his house (value $88,000.00) to my sister and me. The atty who closed the estated put the house in my and my sisters name. He said if I filed for divorce soon no judge would award her any part of the house. Is that correct? would any part of the house be awarded to her in a divorce settlement? and if so, knowing the history above would i have any grounds to keep her from any part of the house in a divorce? I want to keep the house in the family and live there. My sister wants me to have it also. Please help with your thoughts.
Thanx
BillR

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">