• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Both Signatures Required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alegna73

I reside in North Carolina. I divorced my husband 4 yrs ago and I never had to sign anything. I got a copy of the divorce but non of the paperwork ever required my signature. He told me it was simple and everything was taken care of but I am concerned now that we may not be legally divorced or that he forged my signature on some other document. He is a cop and I assumed he knew what he was doing. Is this possible that my signature was not needed since we were not disputing anything? I know I can obtain all the documents and review them but before I do that I wanted to know if it was even possible to get a divorce without both signatures when both are willing to divorce. Please help!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

alegna73 said:
I reside in North Carolina. I divorced my husband 4 yrs ago and I never had to sign anything. I got a copy of the divorce but non of the paperwork ever required my signature. He told me it was simple and everything was taken care of but I am concerned now that we may not be legally divorced or that he forged my signature on some other document. He is a cop and I assumed he knew what he was doing. Is this possible that my signature was not needed since we were not disputing anything? Please help!

My response:

Go to the courthouse where your divorce was filed. Have the filing Clerk pull your file for you and review the documents.

IAAL

U

ursula

I dont see how it could be possible for you to not have had anything to sign. I would definately check into it..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">