• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend stole my money, what can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LokaChika

Hi there, I am new here and am from Australia. I am posting here because I need some advice from anyone that can help. I have been living with my boyfriend (fiance till now) whom I was previously engaged to. We had been saving up for our wedding and honeymoon costs for 6months. At the end of these six months he caught cold-feet and told me he couldnt marry, that he wasnt "ready". So i left on the spot, heart broken as I was at the time. Here is the part that bothers me. Because we were saving together I had told my tax accountant to pay me in my x-boyfriends account. The payment had taken place on the same day that I moved out, I have proof that the pay went in and that i left. I tried to get my money back but he refuses to give it to me. Is there any chance of retrieving my money? Or will i fail for having told them to put the money is his account even though we seperated at the same time the payment went in?....From my point of view he is stealing money that i worked hard for and at one of the worst times in my life.

I hope someone can help

Kind Regards,

Stacey

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">