• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brief not filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

The Judge asked my attorney to file a short brief regarding obvious and substantial financial errors in my x's post trial brief. After receiving judgement, I found that the judgement did not reflect the corrected financial errors. I obtained the complete judgement from the court house and found that my brief requested by the judge was never filed.

Please help me with all my options. Your time is very much appreciated.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

The Judge asked my attorney to file a short brief regarding obvious and substantial financial errors in my x's post trial brief. After receiving judgement, I found that the judgement did not reflect the corrected financial errors. I obtained the complete judgement from the court house and found that my brief requested by the judge was never filed.

Please help me with all my options. Your time is very much appreciated.
Ask your attorney what happened and what he can do to fix his mistake. He may have filed it and the court clerk lost it - in which case there's a good chance to get it fixed.

mistoffolees

Thank you so much for your reply. The brief was not filed and my attorney says nothing can be done.
Then I would start with a letter to the attorney asking for him to reimburse you for the cost of his error. If he declines, you have the option of reporting him to the state Bar.

I don't know whether there are other options (such as suing the attorney to recover the damages). Someone else will have to answer that.

How much money is involved (the amount that YOUR situation was affected, not the error in her documents)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">