• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bunch of mess triangle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

voidmarriage

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california. i was married on 08/08/08 my husband (?) was married in 05/99 to another women whom told him after they were married that she was married and filed for annulment on her previous marriage that was in florida two weeks before they were married and he never filed the papers with the court nor did the minister there is no record in california of there marriage on file. I had florida vital statistics run her name and also found that she has been married a couple of times she changes her last name and then marries someone else after a couple of years and the last guy she told my husband she divorced before they were married two weeks prior. Florida says there is no record of there divorce just the marriage. She left and moved to another state but she took the copy of the marriage application and changed her name with social security with an unofficial document and has used his last name all across texas and now she wants to get married again but she cant get her name changed because she has no proof of divorce and she wants him to sign these papers she sent there are no kids involved , she is still married to this other man in florida. Can he file for a void marriage? This is bigamist activity, i told him we are not signing nothing until i do an investigation and see if we have any rights in regards to our on marriage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

How about writing with complete, concise sentences rather than a long rambling paragraph full of run-on sentences? Just present the relevant facts.

voidmarriage

annulment void marriage

I am married to someone who was marrried in 1998. After his wedding ceremony found out that she was still married. She told him that she filed for divorce two weeks prior to there marriage. He decided not to file the marriage registration, nor did the person that performed the ceremony. There is no record of it with the LA county registrars office. There is a record of her marriage in florida but no record of divorce was filed. Would my husband qualify for a void marriage and what is it that i should do.....:confused:

mistoffolees

I am married to someone who was marrried in 1998. After his wedding ceremony found out that she was still married. She told him that she filed for divorce two weeks prior to there marriage. He decided not to file the marriage registration, nor did the person that performed the ceremony. There is no record of it with the LA county registrars office. There is a record of her marriage in florida but no record of divorce was filed. Would my husband qualify for a void marriage and what is it that i should do.....:confused:
He might qualify for an annulment, but there are no guarantees. Essentially, he is guilty of bigamy by being married to you when his first marriage was not ended and should probably see an attorney to see if he can straighten out the mess.

voidmarriage

frustrating

Question, she was married when she married my husband, and he was informed after they married that divorce papers were filed two weeks prior. She is currently married to the same person meaning divorce papers also were not filed as she informed him.There are no children involved and she left him and moved to texas three months later. Could we qualify for a void marriage from the previous wife based on those issues as we do not want to get divorced if any way possible :confused:

mistoffolees

Question, she was married when she married my husband, and he was informed after they married that divorce papers were filed two weeks prior. She is currently married to the same person meaning divorce papers also were not filed as she informed him.There are no children involved and she left him and moved to texas three months later. Could we qualify for a void marriage from the previous wife based on those issues as we do not want to get divorced if any way possible :confused:
See above.

LdiJ

Your posts continue to be confusing.

However, I think that there is a possibility that your husband's marriage to the woman in question may have never been complete if it was never registered.

Your husband needs a consult with an attorney, or needs to come on here and explain the situation himself, since you cannot seem to explain the situation clearly.

One of the problems is that you don't identify which marriage you are talking about in some of your sentences and don't clearly identify the players.

voidmarriage

annulment void marriage

Please excuse the previous post english was not best subject in school. I thank you for bearing with me. I pray this post is better.

My name is Angela, and my husband's name is John. John's previous wife's name is Celine.

Me (angela) and John were married 08/08.

John and Celine were married 05/98. The day John and Celine were married, Celine told John that she was married and had filed for divorce two weeks prior before they married.

John decided not to file the marriage registration and neither did the person that performed John and Celine's ceremony. There is no record on file in regards to Celine and John with the LA County registrar's office.

Celine was married to Alan in florida when she married John. Celine as of today is still married to Alan in florida. No divorce papers were filed as she told John.

Celine and John have no children, Celine left john and moved to Texas three months later. Could John qualify for a void marriage from Celine? Me (angela) and John dont want to get divorced if there is any way possible :(:(

Thanks for any info

LdiJ

Please excuse the previous post english was not best subject in school. I thank you for bearing with me. I pray this post is better.

My name is Angela, and my husband's name is John. John's previous wife's name is Celine.

Me (angela) and John were married 08/08.

John and Celine were married 05/98. The day John and Celine were married, Celine told John that she was married and had filed for divorce two weeks prior before they married.

John decided not to file the marriage registration and neither did the person that performed John and Celine's ceremony. There is no record on file in regards to Celine and John with the LA County registrar's office.

Celine was married to Alan in florida when she married John. Celine as of today is still married to Alan in florida. No divorce papers were filed as she told John.

Celine and John have no children, Celine left john and moved to Texas three months later. Could John qualify for a void marriage from Celine? Me (angela) and John dont want to get divorced if there is any way possible :(:(

Thanks for any info
Based on what you have stated, Celine and John went through a ceremony, but never actually married because the marriage was not registered with the state.

Therefore they were never married at all. There is no need to worry about whether or not the marriage can be voided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">