• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying me to stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oklahoma

I recently paid an attorney for a divorce but have not signed any papers yet. We have been married 15 years, no children of this marriage (there are grown children and a grandchild whom i have legal guardianship of that are not of blood to this husband) He has recently heard that I was planning on leaving him and has been trying his best to have me stay. Today he traded in his 2002 ford truck (still owe on) for the car of my dreams and handed me the keys and told me 'here is an anniversary gift'. He also made this announcement to my grown children. I did not ask him to do this nor did I expect it. Do I need my name on the title? He is taking my 6 year old car that is paid off and has both our names on it to use for work so I can have the new car. DO I NEED to have my name on the title? I plan on staying for now, but who knows what will happen 6 months down the road.

Thanks...

BelizeBreeze

Copperarab said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oklahoma

I recently paid an attorney for a divorce but have not signed any papers yet. We have been married 15 years, no children of this marriage (there are grown children and a grandchild whom i have legal guardianship of that are not of blood to this husband) He has recently heard that I was planning on leaving him and has been trying his best to have me stay. Today he traded in his 2002 ford truck (still owe on) for the car of my dreams and handed me the keys and told me 'here is an anniversary gift'. He also made this announcement to my grown children. I did not ask him to do this nor did I expect it. Do I need my name on the title? He is taking my 6 year old car that is paid off and has both our names on it to use for work so I can have the new car. DO I NEED to have my name on the title? I plan on staying for now, but who knows what will happen 6 months down the road.

Thanks...
Come back when you decide.

Hey Belize, I understand what you are saying and why you said it, but regardless whether I leave in 6 months or one year or two years, etc..it is the LEGAL part I am looking at. I know about the debts and the distribution of marital assets etc, I am only wanting to know if I NEED to have my name on the title or not to claim the vehicle as mine if it comes to that. That is all.

(PS Been to Belize several times, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L)

BelizeBreeze

Copperarab said:
Hey Belize, I understand what you are saying and why you said it, but regardless whether I leave in 6 months or one year or two years, etc..it is the LEGAL part I am looking at. I know about the debts and the distribution of marital assets etc, I am only wanting to know if I NEED to have my name on the title or not to claim the vehicle as mine if it comes to that. That is all.

(PS Been to Belize several times, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L)
..... no ......

Thank You Belize for your answer. As a side note, I told him to go back and get his truck but he refused to do so. He claims he only wants great sex in exchange for the new Mustang, well you can only imagine my response when I just filed for the initial divorce!

~ME

BelizeBreeze

Copperarab said:
Thank You Belize for your answer. As a side note, I told him to go back and get his truck but he refused to do so. He claims he only wants great sex in exchange for the new Mustang, well you can only imagine my response when I just filed for the initial divorce!

~ME
NO WOMAN is that good in bed. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">