• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA deposition subpoenas, not properly or timely served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

All4Justice

California Family Law

Hello,

My X is now in pro-per after firing her 3rd Attorney and filing bankruptcy on all 3, to the tune of $60,000. I have been in pro-per for the last year and have been doing very well. She is not following proper procedure and I have several questions.

Question: If I don't receive a copy of the subpoenas that were ISSUED to her (requesting my records), and if I haven't received a Notice to Consumer from the subpoenaing party, what is my recourse? I have things well documented.

Question: If the subpoenaing party serves the deponent w/subpoena without first serving me with the copy and NTC, what is my recourse?

Question: What is the proper procedure for filing a motion to quash in CA? (even thought I haven't been served the sub's I will need to quash them. They are totally irrevelant to this case.)

Question: What is the proper procedure for filing a notice/motion to compel for non-production of records? Some of her employmers are not responding to my subpoenas. They are personal friends of hers.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">