• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CALIF - Did I violate Restraining Order???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palmtree

What is the name of your state? California

I filed my petition on a Friday, but husband didn't get served summons and petition until following Monday. On Sunday, I called my auto insurance carrier and decided to separate the vehicle I drive (which has no financing) which is registered to me OR husbands name. I left the other policy in force so he would be responsible for paying for his vehicle he drive. His vehicle is financed in both our names.

My auto insurance company asked me several questions and seemed to have no problem dong this. My husband says I voilated the automatic restraining order which states: "Starting immediately, your and your spouse or domestic partner are restrained from 2. cashing, borrowing against, canceling, transferring, disposing of, or changing the beneficiaries of any insurance or other coverage, including life, health, automobile, and disability, held for the benefit of the parties and their minor child or children;".

Did I voilate this restraining order? If I did, will I have to put my vehicle back with his and probably be forced to pay for all the insurance? (My husband currently has no job and no income).

Thanks.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? California

I filed my petition on a Friday, but husband didn't get served summons and petition until following Monday. On Sunday, I called my auto insurance carrier and decided to separate the vehicle I drive (which has no financing) which is registered to me OR husbands name. I left the other policy in force so he would be responsible for paying for his vehicle he drive. His vehicle is financed in both our names.

My auto insurance company asked me several questions and seemed to have no problem dong this. My husband says I voilated the automatic restraining order which states: "Starting immediately, your and your spouse or domestic partner are restrained from 2. cashing, borrowing against, canceling, transferring, disposing of, or changing the beneficiaries of any insurance or other coverage, including life, health, automobile, and disability, held for the benefit of the parties and their minor child or children;".

Did I voilate this restraining order? If I did, will I have to put my vehicle back with his and probably be forced to pay for all the insurance? (My husband currently has no job and no income).

Thanks.

IMO you did violate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">